Frequently Asked  Questions

Booking a mobile bar may pose a lot of questions. Read through our FAQs and reach out with any additional questions you may have.

What towns/cities do you service? Do you Travel outside the city limits?

We serve the Texas Hill Country and surrounding areas.: Dripping Springs TX · San Marcos TX · Driftwood TX · Johnson City TX · Austin TX · Wimberley TX · Round Mountain TX, and more.


**First 30 miles is Free

** Travel beyond that will be $2 per mile calculated both ways.

What are the requirements for an on-location set up?

Hill Country Cantina will need plenty of room to park, as well as an entry and exit for our truck and trailer. A space that is level with flat ground to set up is ideal. We will need to be able to pull through and/or turn around. Estimate roughly 30’ length by 8’ height and 12’ width for clearance. If you our wanting our service at a venue we recommend you contact the venue of choice regarding their drive-up mobile bar service policy. If a permit is required , please obtain and provide to us upon arrival.

Do you have a liquor license and do you supply the alcohol?

The TABC (Texas Alcohol Beverage Commission) does not allow mobile bars to carry a license to sell alcohol, we can only serve it. Therefore, 

All alcohol must be supplied by the event coordinator, host, organizer or third party. Hill Country Cantina is equipped  with a double tank Margarita Machine. Each tank holds  3.9 gallons, a Kegerator which  holds 2- 1/6 kegs,  a Refrigerator, Ice buckets,  napkins, cups, straws, wine and beer bottle openers , bar towels and a chalkboard door so you can customize your own drink menu. Our TABC Certified Servers will make your mobile bar experience enjoyable. Our Servers will be responsible for ensuring that no underage patrons consume alcohol from the bar. Our Servers will also use his/her discretion to cease serving patrons who are visibly intoxicated, behaving inappropriately, or who may pose a risk to themselves or others. 

How do I book an event with Hill Country Cantina?

To start, you'll want to browse our price and service page. Once done you can fill out the form on our contact page. After we receive the form I will email you a free quote. At that time if you decide to book with us  I will email you a contract and an invoice. A 50% deposit to secure services for the event is due at booking.  Any remaining balance is due 30 days prior to the event unless other arrangements have been made.

If you prefer, reach out to us directly to book your event please send an email to Tami at

What happens if I have extra alcohol when my hours are up, or if I run out of alcohol during my serving hours

All leftover liquors, beers, ciders, wine and other alcohol or non alcoholic drinks, and mixes, will be returned to you. Since we are a dry bar and licensed to serve only, it would be your responsibility to provide additional alcohol for service.

Hill Country Cantina provides disposable beverage ware. If I want glass and or specific glassware? Does that reduce the cost?

No, however we will be happy to serve in any glassware  that you provide. 

Do I need insurance? What do I do to protect myself and guests? 

Hill Country Cantina is fully insured, and we recommend if you are hosting an event at your house that you take the necessary steps to protect yourself.  A majority of our homeowner hosting events consult with their homeowners insurance policy provider prior to an event and take out a day policy for added protection. Please understand our TABC Certified Servers have the right to card and or refuse service. Underage drinking is not tolerable and we can end bar service if a violation occurs.

How many serving sides are there on the horse trailer? 

There is one main serving side, which is located on the "passenger side" of the trailer. 

Will you need access to power?

YES! We will need electricity for light inside the trailer, and for keeping the kegerator and refrigerator cold, and other appliances working for your event. We will have 2 extension cords on hand. If your event location does not have electricity available, we have generators you can rent. 

If I already have staff/bartenders working my event, can I just rent the trailer only and have one of the staff/bartenders work inside the trailer? 

Please contact us, a special contract must be signed.